Women’s Medical Services
Kristin Schmidt, MD, PLLC is proud to offer comprehensive women’s medical care for all gynecological and obstetrical conditions. As an all-female based practice, Dr. Schmidt has the unique ability to relate to her patients while caring for women at every stage of their life from teen health, wellness, pregnancy care, infertility, and menopausal support.
Dr. Schmidt believes in empowering women through educating them about their health. She serves several demographic areas in the Greater West Houston area, including Katy, Cypress, Richmond, Fulshear, Sealy and many more.
Click on the various terms below to learn more about the services, conditions and treatments provided by Kristin Schmidt, MD, PLLC.
To view the PDF publications available on this website, you will need Adobe® Reader® installed on your computer. Adobe Reader is available as a free download from Adobe's website.
Dr. Schmidt can guide you through any service or procedure, while making sure that you are completely comfortable. Schedule your check-up at our Houston OB/GYN practice today.
- Well Woman Visit
- Cervical Cancer Screening (Pap Smears)
- Premenstrual Syndrome – PMS
- Screening for Breast Issues – Mammograms
- Fibrocystic Breast Changes
- Urinary Tract Infections – UTI
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- HPV – Human Papilliomavirus
- Pelvic Pain
- Pain During Intercourse
- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
- Uterine Fibroids
- Pelvic Support Problems
- Uterine Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cyst
- Polycystic Ovary Disease
- Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases – PID
- Menopausal Bleeding
- Birth Control Pills
- Sterilization for Women
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARC) – Intrauterine Devices:
- Ultrasounds – Our office offers the convenience of in-office ultrasounds for Obstetrical and Gynecologic patients. This allows ease of scheduling for our patients and allows the physicians to review images without the need for waiting for reports or images from another facility.
Having a baby is a very special event, especially with the comfort of knowing you are in good hands. We’re here to answer your questions, to help you understand the changes your body will be going through, and to prepare for and know what to expect during pregnancy and at delivery.
- Preconception Planning – English
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- The Rh Factor & Pregnancy
- Repeated Miscarriage
- Stages of Pregnancy
- Preterm Labor
- Bleeding During Pregnancy
- How to Tell When Labor Begins
- Labor Induction
- Cesarean Birth
- Travel During Pregnancy
- Diabetes & Pregnancy
- Ultrasound During Pregnancy
- Routine Tests in Pregnancy
- Genetic Disorders
- Preeclampsia & High Blood Pressure During Pregnancy
- Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs & Pregnancy
- Childbirth Classes
- Breastfeeding Your Baby
- Postpartum Depression
- A Fathers Guide to Pregnancy
- Newborn Circumcision
- 3D Ultrasounds & Gender Scans – Our office offers the convenience of in-office Ultrasounds, 3D Ultrasounds and Gender Scans for our Obstetrical patients. This allows ease of scheduling for our patients and allows the physicians to review images without the need for waiting for reports or images from another facility. 3D Ultrasounds & Gender Scans are considered an elective scan not covered by insurance and do not meet medical necessity, therefore any charge for these types of scans are the sole responsibility of the patient and will need to be scheduled and paid for in advance of services performed.
- Due Date Calculator ~ How does the calculator work? This due date calculator is based on the fact that the average human pregnancy lasts about 280 days from the last menstrual period (LMP). Remember that this due date is only an approximation. Most women will deliver around this date. Another simple way of calculating your due date is by adding 7 days to your LMP and then subtracting 3 months.